LTE router advice for rural internet and mimo support

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
beekgegewgio
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LTE router advice for rural internet and mimo support

Post by beekgegewgio »

Live in a rural area with Verizon LTE coverage. I have visible as my carrier (Verizon network).

Searching for a 4G LTE router with SMA ports so I can add an additional 2x2 MIMO antenna. And with advanced settings so I can change the TTL and IMEI on the router to bypass throttle / detection issues as carriers dont like routers being used instead of the phone. 5G is not available in my area so I don't need a 5G router - LTE is plenty fast for me. The ability to change the TTL/IMEI and possibly other settings that I am not currently aware of to avoid detection by the carrier is one of the most important features required.

1. Recommended LTE routers? Currently looking at the: "Cudy AC1200 "LT500D" which is $100. You can change the TTL and I hear the IMEI as well (not 100% sure) - however ive also been suggested routers such as the: "cat16-sdx20-wi-fi-6-the-punch-qualcomm-snapdragon" from chestertechrepairs which is $250. Off the bat the snapdragon uses Wifi 6 vs Wifi 5 and has compatibility for 4x4 mimo - does this justify an extra $150? Wifi 5 speeds are plenty enough with an avg 200mbs in real world scenarios. Not sure if it provides extra benefits I dont see.

2. Any other suggestions or advice for my scenario and setting up an LTE router?

Thanks!

Return to “General and Unclassified”