No Modem Present

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ReefBum
Has thanked: 0

No Modem Present

Post by ReefBum »

Purchased new NEXQ6GO-U and EC25-AF from The Wireless Haven. Received it a few days ago and put it modem in router today.
Every thing boots and I can login in to router but in the modem network status it says No Modem Present
Have removed and replaced modem a couple times but no luck.
Modem debug shows - : /dev/ttyUSB Can't open device /dev/ttyUSB.

Anyone got any ideas?
Didneywhorl

Re: No Modem Present

Post by Didneywhorl »

If you look in the details under the debug screen, does the modem show up there? The long section that looks full of codes. Should show all items on the USB/pci bus.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

ReefBum wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:58 pm Purchased new NEXQ6GO-U and EC25-AF from The Wireless Haven. Received it a few days ago and put it modem in router today.
Every thing boots and I can login in to router but in the modem network status it says No Modem Present
Have removed and replaced modem a couple times but no luck.
Modem debug shows - : /dev/ttyUSB Can't open device /dev/ttyUSB.

Anyone got any ideas?
My Router setup will show no modem present for up to 2 minutes, then it finds the modem and shows the sim card information and such and takes another minute or so to actually connect to verizon.

Did you wait a few minutes? I can always login long before it recognizes the modem
ReefBum
Has thanked: 0

Post by ReefBum »

Removed modem from router and reset router to defaults. Did some basic settings changes then powered off and reinstalled the modem. Modem up and connected with no further issues.

Return to “General and Unclassified”