IBR900 CradlePoint Firmware

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
dsstewa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

IBR900 CradlePoint Firmware

Post by dsstewa »

I am looking at a used CradlePoint IBR900 on ebay. My concern is that if the history on the device is not known, and it is currently tied to an active NetCloud subscription is it still possible to to a factory reset, and downgrade to a non-netcloud firmware. Or will the unit always try and re-connect to the netcloud service? If anyone has any experiance in the area that would be super help full, thanks!

David
Didneywhorl

Re: IBR900 CradlePoint Firmware

Post by Didneywhorl »

Interesting question, I'd also like to know. Hopefully someone experienced with this will chime in.
BillA

Re: IBR900 CradlePoint Firmware

Post by BillA »

dsstewa wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:08 am I am looking at a used CradlePoint IBR900 on ebay. My concern is that if the history on the device is not known, and it is currently tied to an active NetCloud subscription is it still possible to to a factory reset, and downgrade to a non-netcloud firmware. Or will the unit always try and re-connect to the netcloud service? If anyone has any experiance in the area that would be super help full, thanks!

David

Cradlepoint has closed source software and locked bootloader which only accepts their own signed firmware.
If you're looking for tinkering, you may want to look elsewhere. Besides, they are overpriced compared to similar or better OpenWRT routers.

Return to “General and Unclassified”