WE826-T2 With MC7700 Not Broadcasting WiFi

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
effinpissed

WE826-T2 With MC7700 Not Broadcasting WiFi

Post by effinpissed »

I'm using the router and modem listed above to write this message so I'm making progress getting it to perform correctly. Yesterday I followed the directions outlined in the 'MC7455 and ROOter - Troubleshooting Connection Issues' thread and was able to get an ethernet connection established. I successfully changed the SSID name and password but haven't been able to broadcast a WiFi signal. I flashed and re-flashed the unit with the 11/03/18 version of GoldenOrb and everything seems to be in order. I used AT commands to check for issues and everything checked out good. Is there another setting I may have missed that's causing it not to broadcast? At times I've detected the signal on another laptop I had booted up but have never been able to connect during those brief instances.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE826-T2 With MC7700 Not Broadcasting WiFi

Post by JimHelms »

One thought is if the 2.4GHz WiFi is conflicting with another router or device broadcasting 2.4GHz WiFi.
effinpissed

Post by effinpissed »

Now that I have a consistent ethernet connection with the WE826, I shut off my cable modem and WiFi router then checked for a signal. It's not showing up on my other laptop in the list of available networks. Incidentally, the LED WiFi indicator on the WE826 isn't on.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

If this happened after changing the WiFi SSID name and Password, something in the configuration is not working correctly.

I would suggest Restore GoldenOrb to default setting. Go to:

SYSTEM > BACKUP/FLASH FIRMWARE > RESTORE > RESET TO DEFAULTS > PERFORM RESET.

Once reset, you will probably need to clear the browser cache (See THIS), and need to again set your APN and SAVE AND APPLY as well as your TIME ZONE.

Then do a Hard reboot (Power OFF/ Wait a few seconds / Power ON) of the router.

Once it is back on line, see if the WiFi is broadcasting.
effinpissed

Post by effinpissed »

A friend who studied networking in college walked me through the settings and we discovered the LAN ports are labeled or wired backwards. We figured out the ethernet cable needs to be plugged into number 2 or 3 for the WiFi to work and there were some other settings in the Network section of ROOter that needed changed. I had also forgotten to change the network encryption key. I thought we had the problems solved and used it for several hours last night. The WiFi and ethernet worked fine. This morning I tried logging my older Toshiba laptop several times and couldn't access a server no matter what I tried. Then I plugged an ethernet cable into it and then the WiFi connected. ????

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”