KuWFi WE826-EC25-AF QUESTIONS

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
WayoutinWI

KuWFi WE826-EC25-AF QUESTIONS

Post by WayoutinWI »

Bought it off amazon to see the unit first hand and searched the forum here for any how to's to flash the unit for another firmware/router software didn't see much in the way of it. So my question is this do I go by the item description on amazon or do I use what the actual router states?

The unit has breed web installed on it with a Qualcomm Atheroes qca953x rev 2 under the cpu heading.
In the pic it states from the router is a web826-Q with system version 19.1101

Any help would be appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: KuWFi WE826-EC25-AF QUESTIONS

Post by Didneywhorl »

Its a we826Q, you should be able flash it with any we826Q compatible firmware.

What did KuWifi tell you?
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Like didneywharl said but you may have to use bootloader mode to load it
toddw

Post by toddw »

Yea, the firmware it ships with does not give you the ability to tweak the TTL settings, I run the latest version of goldenorb on these. Hold the reset button, then plug in power for about half a min. Then take a laptop, with an Ethernet cable. Set the IP on your laptop to something other than 192.168.1.1 (.2 to .254).

Then point your browser to 192.168.1.1 and you can flash it via the menu system.
WayoutinWI

Post by WayoutinWI »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:23 am Its a we826Q, you should be able flash it with any we826Q compatible firmware.

What did KuWifi tell you?
I tried this morning and ran into an issue with uploading the bin file as the unit would shutoff midway while uploading. The firmware was WE826-Q-GO2020-03-01 and now the gui interface states error when in the recovery console. But if I use telenet to connect to it the unit seems to be responding but then the power cycling problem kicks in. I know when I ping it the ttl comes back 128 if that helps. I'm not hip on telenet commands I can provide screenshots if needed.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

You shouldnt be power cycling, obviously... go into bootloader mode as described above and load a clean copy of rooter/wifix. Make sure you have the correct firmware version and that if the chinese screens from bootloader mode comfuse you look up the step by step process.... its really easy, had to do it on my wg3526 from china, took under 5 min
WayoutinWI

Post by WayoutinWI »

Adm1jtg wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:28 pm You shouldnt be power cycling, obviously... go into bootloader mode as described above and load a clean copy of rooter/wifix. Make sure you have the correct firmware version and that if the chinese screens from bootloader mode comfuse you look up the step by step process.... its really easy, had to do it on my wg3526 from china, took under 5 min
I tried the gui step but the unit kept power cycling after the fourth try it look like it uploaded but then this came up. I do have telnet working yet so I may have to do that route instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toddw

Post by toddw »

I ran into a unit that wouldn't take golden orb straight. I had to download WE826-MM-3-16-19 and load that instead, once that was on, I was able to use the GUI and load the latest version of goldenorb. Only one unit did it to me, for what its worth.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Its a little longwinded and for the kuwfi wg3526 but I BELIEVE the concets are the same. Let me know if this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVh4woP_41c

It may be as simple as on the screen you posted clicking on the button, selecting the correct firmware file and letting it flash
WayoutinWI

Post by WayoutinWI »

Adm1jtg wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 pm Its a little longwinded and for the kuwfi wg3526 but I BELIEVE the concets are the same. Let me know if this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVh4woP_41c

It may be as simple as on the screen you posted clicking on the button, selecting the correct firmware file and letting it flash
That last screenshot is when you log into the recovery gui after the failed upload and the button keeps looping the page. In translated Chinese: File not found button is back.
I also noticed the led lights for lan ports are messed up hence that is why i'm going via telnet because it doesn't seem to do anything other then telnet. As the pic attached to this post showing the lights with the cable plugged into port 1 lan not wan port. I would just rather wipe everything from the unit and start with something fresh.

I am thankful for the tips so far but this is going to be one of those odd duck type problem cases for sure.
WayoutinWI

Post by WayoutinWI »

Also the unit power loops after 1:54 of time as passed even if i'm using telnet menu
WayoutinWI

Post by WayoutinWI »

Ok quick follow up I was able to flash it with the gui bootloader screen after doing some html work. Thanks for all the tips and suggestion everyone!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

These things can get goofy sometimes
WayoutinWI

Post by WayoutinWI »

Didneywhorl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:32 am These things can get goofy sometimes
Yeah much of tech is fickle at times! I'm only having one other issue is now that it connecting to my provider and the sim is showing all the info but no internet. I'm using Verizon off shoot sim it works on another lte modem fine but when install it i get no internet is there something i'm missing to setup other then the APN?

Return to “General and Unclassified”